In Person Worship Protocols
As you know, we plan to resume In-Person Worship This Sundy, Palm Sunday March 28th at 9:30 am.
It is important that we inform you, the members of Velda Rose UMC, of the plans and processes that we have put in place for your safety. All parts of the plan were developed to create a worship experience that is “clean, safe, and mindful of health needs and issues with a non-touch experience”.
The purpose of this Protocol Sheet is convey information from the Reopening Committee is to let you know these things:
· Our style of worship will not be as you normally experience. We will continue to practice social distancing, wearing masks, and disinfecting our worship spaces as required by the guidelines of the United Methodist Church, the CDC, and state and local entities.
· It is your choice to return to in-person worship. If you have respiratory or immune system issues, we recommend that you delay returning until we have several services to shake out our processes. We will continue to record and livestream our services even as we return to worship in church. Our return to a semblance of normality will be a process.
Therefore, we will require:
1) Completing a temperature check and health screening. Entry to the Sanctuary is thru the Library or the door in the SW corner opposite the medical building where these screenings will take place.
2) Maintain a Social distance of 6 feet from those not in your immediate family
3) The wearing of masks during worship. If you are unable to wear one, we recommend you continue to worship remotely.
4) No Hugging, hand shaking or touching.
5) We will sing and have responsive and group liturgy. Masks need to remain in place.
Please note: neither the church buses nor the golf cart will be operating
Meanwhile, we thank each of you for your continued support of the ministry of Velda Rose. Your on-line presence, prayers, giving, and personal witness continue to sustain your faith community day by day.
May God bless you richly in the days ahead!
Pastor Larry R. Norris
Pastor Daniel Gomez
Re-Opening Committee of Velda Rose UMC